Terms & Conditions of Hire
Definitions and Interpretation
In these terms and conditions, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
- “Function Date” means the date of the function for which the item(s) of clothing is/are being hired. If travel is involved prior to date of function, the date of travel becomes the function date.
- “Fitting Date” means the date on which the Hirer must attend the Host Store for the purposes of trying on all garment(s) to ensure they fit.
- “Hirer” means the person who makes the booking, either on their own behalf or on the behalf of their party, to hire one or more articles of clothing.
- “Hire Period” means the period of hire which will commence at 9am on the Function Date and will cease at 9am on the Return Date unless agreed otherwise.
- “Order Date” means the date the Hirer places the order.
- “Return Date” means the date on which all garments must be returned to the shop from which they have been hired.
- “Host Store” means the shop where garments are ordered, measured, fitted, collected and returned to.
- “Retailer” is the company that your booking is with.
If you feel unable to accept any of these terms and conditions you may cancel this order within 48 hours of the Order Date and receive a full refund, including your deposit, unless Fitting or Function Date is within seven days of Order Date. Deposits are non-refundable if the order is cancelled more than 48 hours after the Order Date.
Your retailer will provide:
Garments as detailed on your order as long as they are within the size range available. Please note that it is not possible to carry out alterations to garments as you would expect if you are purchasing it.
All garments are quality checked and processed after each hire and every effort is made to ensure the quality is to a high standard and that garments are free from any defects. However, due to dry-cleaning there may be a slight shading difference in garments, especially where garments are ordered for a large wedding party.
We reserves the right to substitute to the nearest half size as follows:
- Jacket sleeve + / – 1 inch
- Jacket chest + / – 2 inch
- Trouser length + / – 1 inch
- Trouser waist + / – 2 inch
- Kilt length + / – 1 inch
- Kilt waist + / – 2 inch
- Waistcoat + / – 1 inch
- Shoes + ½ size
- Shirts + ½ inch
- Top hat size + / – 1 size
Customer – important points to note:
The Hirer must attend the Host Store and complete, check and sign that the items ordered and dates on the order form are correct.
A minimum deposit of 50% of the total hire charge must be paid on booking/sizing
- Changes to Original Order
We reserve the right to charge for any changes you make to your order.
- The Hirer is urged to confirm that his order is in the branch prior to travelling in the unlikely event that there have been unforeseen delays in the delivery of orders.
- The Hirer must come for a fitting on the date stated and try on all garments to make sure they fit.
- If the fit is not satisfactory please report this to us immediately or not later than 11am on the day following the Fitting Date. We cannot accept any responsibility if you fail to do this.
- If garments do not fit satisfactorily or have any other fault further visits to the shop will be necessary. All replacements must be inspected and tried on by the Hirer (or other members of the Hirer’s party) at the shop. Goods will be delivered only to the shop of original order for checking and trying on by Hirer or party member.
- Failure of the Hirer or party member to request the replacement of any item within the time stated above (see clause 4c) will result in additional carriage charges, payment of which will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer or party member to meet their own expenses (e.g. travel costs, time off work, etc.) incurred during this fitting and collection process.
- As children’s size change quite significantly whilst they are growing the Hirer should arrange to re-measure 4 weeks prior to the function to confirm the sizes required. This allows plenty of time to amend the order if necessary. It is not uncommon for children’s garments to need several fittings.
- If the Hirer has submitted their own sizes to Sort My Wedding Outfit, neither the retailer nor Sort My Wedding Outfit will be responsible for ill-fitting garments.
- Cancellation of Order
- In the event of an order being cancelled within 48 hours of the Order
- Date the deposit will be refunded in full unless conditions (5c) or (5d) below apply.
- In the event of an order being cancelled more than 48 hours after the order date the deposit is non-refundable.
- In the event of the order being cancelled within one month before Fitting Date you will be required to pay 50% of the full cost per suit ordered.
- If an order is cancelled due to exceptional circumstances, the decision to refund any deposits paid will be entirely at the discretion of the store.
- Group Bookings
- Payment: Each order must be paid for at the host store where the order was placed.
- Fitting/Collection: These must be done at the store at which the wearer placed the order or another store that meets the agreement of the Retailer.
- Return of Garments: The customer must return the garments to the host store at which the order was placed.
- If one member of the group is collecting other party member orders, then they will be held responsible for any damage or loss to any of the garments contained within the orders he has collected.
- The Retailer will not be liable for any issues relating to the timely supply of outfits if the above requirements are not met.
- Collection of Garments
- If the Hirer has enabled email messaging by Sort My Wedding Outfit, an email notification will be sent to the Hirer to advise the outfit is ready for collection.
- The Hirer should telephone the Host Store prior to travelling to the store in order to check that his order has arrived in case of any unlikely delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
- When you have had your fittings and any necessary replacements have also been tried on and found to be satisfactory the outfit is then deemed to be complete.
- We stress that the Hire Period is deemed to start from 9am on the Function Date, which is the time we agree to have the suit available, providing the above conditions have been complied with. Please remember that, if travelling, Function Date is deemed to be date of travel.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to inform the shop, when booking, if the outfits are required before the Function Date. The Hirer is responsible for checking that the fact is stated on the order form.
- When an outfit is required in advance of the Function Date an extra hire charge of 50% per week or part week is payable.
- Extended Hire – (before or after the function date)
Hire orders may be extended for additional weeks at a rate of 50% of the normal weekly hire charge for additional week or part week. This includes provision for the delivery of orders earlier than the branch normal delivery date.
- Late Orders
Late orders are deemed to be orders received within 7 days of the Function Date. These orders may be accepted but will be sent out by an independent carrier and you will incur an additional cost. The Retailer will not accept responsibility for any failure to deliver on time by such third party.
- Return of Garments
All garments must be returned on the first day the store is open after the function. Failure to do so will result in an excess charge of £8 per suit per day after the stated return date. There is no exception to this condition.
- Care of Garments
- Please treat the garments with reasonable care.
- Please take particular care with top hats. Under no circumstances should they be thrown into the air.
- Lost/Stolen/Maliciously Damaged Items
The hirer will be responsible for the cost of any hire item that is lost, stolen or maliciously damaged. A full range of charges is available on request.
- ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE WAIVER (£8.00)
- Payment of Accidental Damage Waiver by the hirer covers any charges that would normally arise following accidental damage to any or all of the garments provided that they were being used appropriately (with the exception of Top Hats, which are NOT covered by this waiver).
- The waiver does not cover garments which have in our opinion been damaged through inappropriate use.
- Please remember that any personal or wedding insurance you may already hold does not cover the garments owned by us.
What is a ‘try on’?
The Try on service is offered by our supplier Cameron Ross and is generally available October to April. It allows you to have one outfit in your size delivered to your local store to try on. If you are not happy with your outfit, we can talk through other options with you, but you are not under any obligation to place an order. There is currently a charge of £10.00 (payable to Cameron Ross) for this service to cover postage. To qualify for the £10.00 refund they offer on their website your order must be over £450.00, with the booking made at the ‘Try On’ appointment using the discount code they supply you with. The £10.00 refund offer cannot be used in conjunction with the 5th outfit Free promotion.
Please note, the try on service is available with Formal Wear Suits only.
What is ‘Sort My Wedding Outfit’?
Your ‘Sort My Wedding Outfit’ account is where you can manage your order, and keep track of all the men in your party. From here you can enter sizes, organise (and pay for) home delivery and send us direct messages.
Terms & Conditions of the 5th Outfit FREE Offer
A minimum of a three piece consisting of a Jacket, Trousers and waistcoat hired from the Cameron Ross range only. The outfit of equal or lesser value is Free. The Accidental Damage Waiver is payable on the Free outfit. Cannot be used in conjunction with the £10.00 Try-On refund.
What is the security deposit (?100) for?
For our security & to ensure the outfits are returned on time, we take your credit/debit card details and ask you to sign in agreement. This will be returned to you to destroy upon return of the outfits. No money will be taken from your account unless the outfits are not returned or are late being returned.
What if I have left something in the pocket?
Please take the time to check the pockets for any personal items before you return the outfits to us. Whilst we do check that nothing has been forgotten, we cannot guarantee or accept responsibility that your items will be returned once the outfits have been returned to the supplier.
If we do find any personal belongings, we can only keep them in lost property for one month after the return date before being disposed of.
Aggressive behaviour to our staff
We understand that emotions are running high in the lead up to a wedding but abuse of our staff will not be tolerated. Please ensure you & your wedding party understand the Terms & Conditions of Hire, that these are good quality hire garments and are not brand new. Nor should you expect a perfect fit, rather a good fit to the closest size available. Please understand hire relies on the last customer returning outfits on time in a good condition and is not the fault of our staff if items are late in arriving with us or an alternative size is sent.
You can put the information in a letter and post to Complaints dept. Mens Hire Thornbury. 5 Gloucester Road, Thornbury, Bristol. BS35 1DG. However the quickest way to report a complaint is by email (with a read receipt) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the function date. We cannot accept complaints retrospectively if we were unaware of any issues before the function date and our advice was not followed.